Saturday, August 20, 2016

Well this weekend was a challenge that I was going to give up on except for the fact that even when the passenger seat was run all the way forward there was no way to get into the back seat. I had determined that I was going to make the seat tilt forward but when I looked at it I wasn't sure it could be done. After seeing that access was impossible without a tilt forward I took it back out and gave it a second look.

The seat back is held on by two bolts on each side. By removing the lower one the upper one becomes a pivot point. Since it was designed to be tightened I replaced the top bolts with sleeve bolts and nyloc nuts so as to leave the pivot loose while still tightening the bolts.

I then clearanced the lower bolt hole so that the lower bolt threaded partially in would act as a stop when the seat back was in the upright position.
I put a lock nut on the back side of the partially threaded lower bolt to keep it from backing out.

There are wires running up into the seat back so I drilled a couple of holes and tie wrapped them in such a way as to not get them caught in the pivot.






No comments:

Post a Comment