Tuesday, August 9, 2016

So after much nail biting I got the rear window trim on the back glass. What a pain that was. I was sure more broken glass or dented trim molding was in my future.

The good news is that the company that made my door glass was sold to a company that still has the mold and is willing to make me a replacement for $500. Hopefully that will go well. I will have to ship the existing glass to them for an exact trim fit but for now I am going to leave it in the car and finish out the jambs and sill work.

The back seat area is done and thank goodness the seat folds down because I have to go into the trunk and replace my fuel filler line. I chose silicone hose on the recommendation of the NAPA salesman for the filler tube  Because it has to travel so far across the wheel tub some gas was laying in the tube and the fumes in the trunk were frightening. Turns out the silicone tube is a bit permeable. I got the gas that was laying in the tube to drain out and the smell went away immediately but some custom stainless steel line is in order.

I also got the front windshield moldings in place. Another nail biter as this was my second windshield.





No comments:

Post a Comment