Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Since I moved the nose back to eliminate the 1" space between it and the fenders I had to deal with the issue of it now being too narrow.
I thought about pulling it back out but it turns out it is still a bit narrow.
I thought about sectioning the nose but the easiest thing would have been to split it down the middle and re-glass it together. To late for that.
Building up the ends was out. Just too much material to add. Almost 3/8 of and inch to each side.
I took a look at the fenders and decided a risky move. I decided to cut the top edge in a pie shape about 8" back from the front ,pull it in and re-weld it. After looking at it forever I noticed that the 70 fenders actually curve in and then they go slightly straight for that distance. The fender actually seems to blend into the curve of the nose a little better now.







No comments:

Post a Comment