Monday, September 22, 2014

I got to fooling around with the drop down headlight doors over the week end. I took one last stab at making them retractable but there is just not enough length above the openings to get the doors completely out of the the way of the headlight opening. So I went back to the drop down idea using a window motor to actuate them. I decided to hinge them from the very front of the opening as this gave me the most room to move the headlights closer to the opening. I am thinking I will also have to find an alternative to the Challenger headlights as only about 2/3 of them show through the height of the opening when the doors are down. Still playing around with that though. The doors drop really fast but the come up nicely..Here is a little video of them operating.




Got to fooling around with the headlight covers on the nose of the car over the weekend. They drop really fast but they work.
Posted by Steve Mirabelli on Monday, September 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment