Sunday, December 22, 2013

Well I looked at relocating the fuel filler behind it's present location but mounting it in the top of the quarter would cause the fuel line to have to dip way down and then up over the wheel housing to get to the tank. That would cause gas to be always laying in the bottom of the fuel line gully. Looking at the side of the quarter further back would mean I would have to loop the fuel line around in the trunk and it wouldn't look much better than it does right now so I decided to try to remodel the door to make it smaller and flow a little better with the side of the car. I took about 2 1/4 inched out of the over all height and  sloped the top  to better match the quarter panel. I went ahead and rough bondo'd it in and hit it with some flat black to see what it would look like. I am not nearly as unhappy with it as I was. Bottom line is I am committed to this location now and I am moving on.


No comments:

Post a Comment