Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Well I can stop pretending that the gas hole in the side of the car didn't bother me as much as it bothered everybody else. Never let it be said that peer pressure can't be a positive thing. I got to looking at it this morning and a gas line route dawned on me. Not ideal but better than a gas hole in the side of quarter panel. I decided to move it to the top of the quarter where it will be less offensive. To do this I will have to cut the filler neck as high as possible and run the fuel line through the inside of the trunk an back out the side of the wheel hole in front of the shock location. I had to cut out a mount for some electronic doohickey that was mounted right below the gas hole so I will have to relocate that and then come up with a removable shield to protect the gas filler line from anything that might get thrown into the trunk.



No comments:

Post a Comment