Thursday, December 26, 2013

Well I hope everyone here had a wonderful Christmas. I had some other pics pertaining to the recently remounted gas filler but I figured I would wait till after Christmas to post.
In moving the gas fill to the top of the quarter I had to compromise the trunk space in order to re route the fill tube to the forward mounted tank. I did this by first drilling my destination hole through the side wall of the inner wheel tub. I then took a wooden dowel and torqued the hole over so that the hose would not have to bend to get through. The silicone hose I used does not like bending at all. Tends to flatten out. I cut the steel fill tube as far down as I could so the silicone hose would gently arc into it.





Finally here is a picture of the complete hook up to the fill inlet. I had to segment the a curve in the existing steel fill tube because like I said the silicone tube did not want to bend very well. I ran the vapor recovery line up and over and through a rubber grommet into the vent line coming out of the tank. Right now with cutting the fill up as high as I could and getting the hose through the wheel tub as low as I could to transition into the tank tube everything is about level. One more reason to put a lot of front to rear rake in this car.
There is a neat piece that finishes out the trunk that will now have to be modified to make room for all of this stuff in the trunk.



No comments:

Post a Comment