Sunday, December 15, 2013

Decided to get back to mending the body and the chassis together. I started with  making extensions to go from the frame to the 1/8" plate installed in the body to support the rear bumper. I made a plate to bolt to the existing bumper studs in the frame. I then pieced the 1 1/2" .120 wall tube to create a kick up style outrigger. Hopefully if anyone runs into the back of me  Undecided these will give before the frame is damaged.  Finally I welded the outriggers to the body at the bumper location.




Well this is all going to look a little odd until it is all painted one color but I installed the 06 fuel filler door in the side of the quarter panel. The upper contour of the door was beveled in  so I had to do a little modification to get it to be the same as the quarter. I am no 100% happy with this and I might have to move it to a more appealing location.








No comments:

Post a Comment