Sunday, October 27, 2013

Well nothin sexy goin on here right now just slow tedious stuff. Here are some pictures for those who might be interested in how I am re routing the HVAC ducts from the main plenum under the dash.
The  first thing I had to do was to abbreviate the plastic outlets that go behind the dash outlets and mount them in such a way that they might be serviceable if need be in the future. Once I did that it was a game of connect the dots with some .021 steel. I used this light gauge because it is easier to manipulate small pieces. I laid down a paper pattern for the floor of the duct first then I cut the piece out of sheet metal adding 1/4" to the sides to bend up 90 degrees. That gives me something for the sides to go against. Next I cut out a paper pattern for the side and duplicated it adding 1/4" to the top to bend over 90 degrees to give the top of the duct something to rest on. After making the other side and tacking it in place I siliconed the inside edges and where it connects to the outlets before capping the top.





I then repeated the process for the side window defroster that mounts on the top right side of the dash. I started on the easy side to see how it would go with lots of room. Now the challenge is to repeat on the other side over the gauge cluster area. It's a little tight over there.







No comments:

Post a Comment