Sunday, October 20, 2013

I haven't posted in a while not because I haven't been working on the car but because I have been dealing with some real challenges. After doing a lot of chopping and cutting, installing and uninstalling I got the 06 wiper set up to work. I attached some wood mock up wipers to check out the sweep.



Windshield wiper motor
Well I got really lucky and after some major chopping and cutting I was able to adapt the 06 Charger wiper assembly to the 68 cowl area. I attached some wood wiper mock ups to check out the sweep of the blades. The clacking noise in this video is where some more clearance was needed. I have since cleared those areas and the stupid things run pretty quiet.
Posted by Steve Mirabelli on Sunday, October 20, 2013


The clacking sound in the video is of some areas that needed further clearance. I have since clearanced them and they run quiet now. I am not out of the woods yet though. This is a hot wire set up. I don't yet know if there is a rest mode that will draw the wipers down too far. I may still have some work to do with the length of the pivot arms. I hope not because I am really up against everything right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment