Tuesday, October 8, 2013

 With some of the dash questions resolved in my head it is time to put that aside and get back to mending the two cars together.The forward lower section of the rocker on the 06 was to fat as it was to allow the bottom of the 70 fender to wrap under and line up with the 68 rocker so I had to cut it out and make a new forward close out piece for the rocker out of .060 steel.




The cut that I made in the area of where the door post meets the new chassis was less than ideal so I had to take more .060 steel and fill the gap and weld the two area's together. Good news is that if this works out I will have a pattern to make this cut a little better for the next one. Next one..... That's a good one.



Well there is a big hole in the inner frame rail where I cut out the four door "B" pillar so that needed to be filled in.  More .060 steel bent up to cap this area and welded into place. 
The problem with car projects is that there are two damn sides so every job has to happen twice. Now I have to do all of this again on the passenger side.





No comments:

Post a Comment