Sunday, September 29, 2013

I decided to look at the 06 frame rail to see if I could eliminate at least the 1" pinch rail at the bottom to help the body profile. I have decided to accept the 2"  hanging below the stock rocker as this is only a little more than stock and helps me retain a sleeker body profile. Whether I go with the original paint scheme or the yellow and black the pinch rail will be blacked out.
After reinforcing the rail to the inside with .060 and welding up the inner at the front of the rail I cut the 4 door post base off level with the top of the rail.





The one thing that DID actually seem to work out in my favor was the height of the 06 package tray. I did not have to cut it out and re position it as I have seen done on stock Charger bodies. This of course is due to the high window on the Daytona plug. This might not seem like a big deal but in order to place it at the same level as the stock Charger dutchman panel you have to cut 3" out of the back seat support. No big deal until you have to cut down and re apholster the seat itself.
The only thing is by the time I mount the seats you probably won't be seeing much out the back window. That's what side mirrors are for any way.

Well I have started to weld both halves together and set the car down to see what it looks like. I think it will be fine once I lower the front suspension.





No comments:

Post a Comment