Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Well the excess metal removal on the 06 continued getting down to the final pinch weld flange. I did not need to get into removing the windshield bed at this time but since I was cutting stuff off I decided to rough trim the area down 3".





Once I got the frame rails boxed in on the 68 with .060 steel it was time for the good stuff. Lowering it down to see how everything was going to fit.





Once I got the body down low enough I made the pinch weld on the 68 parallel with the bottom of the pinch weld on the 06. This allowed me to see what I had to do in the way of correcting my rough cut on at the door hinge post. I will first correct the angle the cut off  increasing amounts until the rear wheel hole looks visually correct.  I hate to leave it there but I won't get a chance to work on it again until the weekend.  I don't usually work on this project during the week as there are too many distractions but there was finally something to get excited about. 







No comments:

Post a Comment