Monday, June 10, 2013


Time to move to the rear window. I started by clearing away the support structure under the hatchback. Next I clearanced the sail panels about 1/4 inch on either side . Next I test fitted the plug into place holding the bottom up with some 2x4 blocks until the window portion laid on the sail panels the way I wanted. I tried relief cutting the lower section and working it down to the sail panels but I wasn't happy with the way it was torquing the lower window bed and decided that I would be more comfortable just cutting the lower section off in favor of putting in a new piece of metal. The last picture shows what is left of the window bed. While this might seem like a waste to only use the bed portion of the plug if you have ever tried to fabricate a window bed with tight radius's around a compound shaped piece of glass you will know this remaining piece is a time saver.





No comments:

Post a Comment