Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Before installing the window bed I removed the drip rail in order to get between the two layers to clean and treat the metal and then I fabricated a new rail .
After the final fit I tacked the window bed into place between the sail panels.
Next I shaped a transition piece  to go from the window bed to the roof. I ran this piece up the roof until it made a smooth transition as the side to side arc of the Vega plug does not exactly match the Charger roof. It is higher in the center of the plug. The window bed is positioned approximately 12" up from the center of the front of the deck lid.
After tracing the outline of my transition piece on the the roof I cut the rear roof support out and then the rear roof section so that it would be a flush fit. I temporarily tacked the old rear roof to the under side of the roof to maintain the arc since the rear roof support was now gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment