Saturday, June 1, 2013

Stuart posted a picture of the donor SRT-8. Here are some pic of the other half of the equation. I bought the SRT from a salvage dealer in Pa. for $8,500.00 It has some minor mechanical damage from the front end collision but it starts and runs fine. I has 66,000 miles on it.

The 68 Charger came out of Rockmart Ga. It is just a bare shell and cost me $1,500.00 It was banged up pretty good on the quarters but it had a lot of good metal on the top side down to the quarter bottoms. The car never had a vinyl roof so the roof skin is in great shape. I will probably need to get new door skins though . They were knocked around pretty good. I will be fixing most other issues

You can see the floor is the traditional Swiss cheese. The car was untitled but it turned out that GA. did not require cars to be titled until the 80's so I was able to get an NC. inoperable title for now. The inspector told me to call him back when the car had a running drive train and he would start the paper work for the finish title.

All in all it is pretty solid based on the fact that it was stripped to the bone and has been sitting outside since 1976.






No comments:

Post a Comment