Friday, June 14, 2013

After mending in the roof I moved on to replacing the panel beneath the window. I laid out and fitted a piece of .035. I had thought looking at pictures that it needed some compound shape for strength. After English wheeling it and laying it back in place I decided it needed to be flat and tossed out the first piece. Satisfied with the second piece I welded it up.
I wanted to make sure I had all the fabrication done to the deck lid before I re skinned it so I decided to see if there was a way to use the lock mechanism from the SRT.
With a couple of swipes of a rat tail file I was able to clearance the old hole for the new barrel.  I had to invert the lock mechanism  as the lock is in the lid of the SRT and the latch on the car. I was able to invert it by replacing a rubber pull  mech with a steel push rod to actuate the lock.

No comments:

Post a Comment