Monday, March 3, 2014

While I am finishing up remodeling the right side rocker I decided to work on finishing out the trunk floor  area. Since I don't have the regular floor structure to count on I had to beef up the area on the right and left side of the floor where the wing will transfer the load to the chassis. I first welded a piece of 1 1/2" .049 wall square tube across the back below the floor area to tie the bumper outriggers together. I then ran more 1 1/2" tube front to rear in order to tie into the 06 trunk floor extensions. I welded a small 1/2" stand off from the bolt up on the rear frame to help triangulate the support to the side pieces. It stiffened up the area quite nicely.





Once the substructure was in place I started the process of fabricating the floor panel extensions. I decided to use pre painted .040 aluminum for the close out panels. The pictures show the center panel cleco'd into place.



No comments:

Post a Comment