Sunday, February 23, 2014

Well I did not feel like laying on the floor and cutting the other rocker yet so I decided to put the last of the mechanical stuff together. I got the AC condenser this week and that was the final piece to close up the system. All I lack now is the fluids. I have to deal with the rocker before I drop it back down though.
One of the final things to deal with on the hood frame before I mate it with the skin was to re engineer the 06 latch mechanism to work with this hood. I had to boost it out 5" away from it's normal mount position on the radiator core support. Once the spacer was made and installed the latch mechanism was positioned with the catch engaged.
From there I welded in some 5/8" .049 square stock front to back on either side of the mechanism. I then bent some offset tabs out of .125 material to bolt to the catch. I then welded the tabs to the 5/8" stock.  Since the latch is 5" forward of the normal mount point I had to run some 3/8"tube to bolt from the latch to the frame rail to solidify the whole mess.  I am pretty happy with the way the whole thing works.





No comments:

Post a Comment