Sunday, February 9, 2014

Well I slowly started back to work on the car this weekend with a bit of a heavy heart. I had gone back to New Jersey to see my dad who had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer just a couple of weeks into the new year. I got there and he passed in less than 24 hrs of my arrival. Everyone said he was waiting for me. God I hope not.  He was a great guy and I watched him build a lot of stuff when I was a kid and broke most of his tools trying to learn how to build stuff myself. I am going to miss him.

I decided to start off slowly removing and replacing the crash damaged items in the front of the car. They included the upper radiator support, lower radiator support ,the AC condenser, the radiator, radiator hoses,fan assembly,power steering reservoir, power steering pump, serpentine belt, transmission coolant lines, window washer fluid container and pump, right front steering knuckle, r s swaybar bushing and heat shield and some misc small stuff. When they say minor repairable crash damage it is a matter of subjective opinion what the word minor means. Nothing was bent on the frame so I guess that is where the term minor applies.
 While I have everything apart on the front suspension I am changing out the springs to some lowering springs that will drop the front 1.75" Hopefully that will give me a better stance front to rear.  I got some adjustable upper "A" arms from Jeggs so that I can bring the camber back in line when I am done. I made a small jig to copy the stock "A" arms for caster and a start point on the camber. Hopefully I will get it into the neighborhood of where it needs to go.







No comments:

Post a Comment