Sunday, March 30, 2014

I don't know if it will ever be hooked up but I re mounted the satellite radio receiver back in the car. I don't want to mount the antenna on the roof so it will be dormant for now.
I finally got around to finishing up the package tray connection to the base of the rear glass.
Since there is no Dutchman panel or rear package tray support I did a little truss work to stiffen up the base of the rear glass bed and the forward trunk lid rim.
Looks a little unorthodox but it did the trick.





I cleaned up the right side inner panel that carries the window regulator. I had intended to make this a removable panel as installing the regulator mechanism is a bit of a nightmare. Also I had intended to try and modify things to accept the window regulator from the 06. I gave up that notion after seeing how complex the motion of the glass is so I decided to weld this panel back in the car permanently. Just as well because this adds some strength to this quarter section.
I used a little trick when bead blasting this part which should save me a little bit of heartache. I tightened some bolts over the ghost marks left on the panel by the assembly bolts and then blasted it. When removed they show a clear outline of where the regulator was bolted up saving me from starting my installation from scratch.
I welded the panel back into place and then used some .060 steel to mend it back to the 06 wheel tub and then painted the whole mess black to make me feel like I was making some progress here.







No comments:

Post a Comment