Sunday, May 4, 2014

More knick knack items taken care of. I cut two pockets in the inner side roof support to install the "OH S##T" handles in the back seat area. The over head courtesy lighting is in this assembly. I fabricated a backer plate out of .060 that would accept the plastic sub housing and then test fit the handles.




The rear view mirror from the 06 is pretty large so instead of attaching it to the windshield I decided to mount it to the back side of the upper windshield bed. Since the windshield is so much smaller on the 68 this gets it up as high as it can go.

I wanted to mount the over head map light module so I built an attachment bracket that spans from the front roof support to the first intermediate roof support. I attached the plastic sub mounting box to this and test fit the map light module. I will have to build an overhead console to blend this out to the head liner.





 I saved the mounting points for the sun visors from the roof structure of the 06 so that I might use them to locate the visors in the 68. I cut clearance holes in the upper corners of the windshield support and installed them along with the hooks that hold them to the ceiling. Now I will be able to put makeup on while I drive. 




No comments:

Post a Comment