Monday, May 12, 2014

More noodling. It might not seem necessary right now but some of these little items I am working on all have to have some sort of welded tabs or other fabrication done that needs to be  figured out so that when I finally get to the body work I will not have to worry about scarring it up getting in and out of the car with tools.
I was going to custom fabricate the  inner "A" pillar covers out of metal and cover them with vinyl and I decided to first try to modify the SRT inners. If it didn't work out so what. If it did I would have much safer plastic covers that would match the interior.  Well after some carving like Gepeto did on Pinnochio  they actually worked out pretty good. Instead of trying to blind fasten them I just went for an old school look with a couple of stainless steel oval head 10-24 machine screws tapped into some plates welded into the "A" pillar back side. I mocked up a piece of the pinch weld molding that came off the SRT and it looks like I will be able to use that too.





I was going to mount the third tail light on the package tray but it didn't look right and was too prominent. I opted instead to mount it to the back ceiling in it's own little pod close to the top of the rear window bed. It is hard to see in these pictures but it looks okay in that spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment