Sunday, May 18, 2014

Well more noodling that felt like nothing got done.  I got the other rear window regulator refurbished and then installed so both rear regulators are operational. Found out that the window motors only work when hooked to the car and through the harness with the front window switch installed so simple bench testing is out. I guess it has something to do with some of the safety features of the motors and their sensitivity to loads like a child's head or something. I de skinned my doors so that I can get the shells media blasted. I started cleaning the underside of the hood skin. I rebuilt the door hinges.
I removed most of the gunk paint an rust by hand with a stripper wheel and will bead blast them later. One hinge had the pin ripped away so I had to weld it up and re drill it. Replaced the brass and the pins.




I welded some nuts into the door jamb where the hinges usually bolt in from the inside of the jamb. The SRT dash is in the way of me bolting it up that way so now all the bolts for the hinges go in from the outside.  I drilled out the corresponding threaded area of the hinges to allow for adjustment slop. The lower hinge usually doesn't have brass bushings but since I had them apart I thought I would clearance for them. I like the idea of the bushings rather than the steel on steel.







No comments:

Post a Comment