Sunday, April 27, 2014

So I decided in order to stay motivated I would get out of the back seat of the car for a bit and straighten my back for a minute. Since the dash top just needed to be covered with vinyl I went ahead and did that. After rough cutting a piece of vinyl I folded it over at a break point on the dash top and sprayed both surfaces with contact. After I stuck that side down I folded over the remaining vinyl and repeated the process. After the top was glued I turned it over and masked out the places I did not want to glue and then sprayed up the rest. I was careful not to get any glued around the front clips so they would still slide easily into place on the car. Also this made tucking the vinyl under the clips easier.





The last two pictures show the dash top in place. I was pretty happy with the way it came out. I was pretty worried it would not blend well with the factory dash but I think it's not bad.





Then it was time to get back to seat belt duty. The problem I have with working on cars is that there is 2 of everything. The first time you do it there is the challenge of figuring out how to do it. The second time it is just a job that needs to be done.
I took a look at how the new Challenger front belts are mounted and decided instead of mounting the loop up on the side of the roof like I was going to that I would mount it down low like that car. I built and installed the rear belt pocket for the left side back seatbelt and re installed the quarter window panel mending it back to the wheel tub. The right side window regulator has been refurbished and re installed and I am half way through rehabbing the left mechanism.




No comments:

Post a Comment