Monday, April 14, 2014

I decided to give the old brain a rest and just do some grunt work so that I can feel like I am making some progress so I busted most of that old green paint off the car this weekend. Didn't get much of anything else done since the old spring chores were call me out doors. All winter I couldn't wait of the warm weather so that I could fling open the shop doors and get some fresh air in the place. I forgot that warm weather means everything starts to grow.




I got in a discussion on another thread about the compatibility of the newer seats and I started to focus on a problem that I was kind of shutting out for now. Sure the SRT-8 seats are awesome in my opinion but............They are out of a 4 door car. Access to the back seat with the front seats as presently configured will be nearly impossible. I took a closer look at the seats and how they are assembled and there are two bolts on each side that hold the seat back to the base. Removing the lower rearward bolt allows the seat to pitch forward. I am not sure but if these frames are the same as the Challenger seat frames I might be able to get the latching system and work it in.





No comments:

Post a Comment