Saturday, April 9, 2016

Some small bits here. I had bought new seals a couple of years ago and went to install one of the door jamb seals. Long story short it fit like crap and was molded badly. Probably not news to you guys who do restorations. What is the point of making stuff that fits like crap. Again probably preaching to the choir. So I refurbished the original pieces that came with the car. The one on the right is the original piece.

I painted the underside of my gas fill cover with some SEM black trim paint. This stuff is great in that it has a metal etch component and practically no build up. It wears really great also so I figured that in this area I would need something that could take a bit of a beating. If it does scar touch up is easy because it is in a aerosol can.

I installed the cover for the last time in the car sealing it to the base with silicone.



No comments:

Post a Comment