Saturday, February 7, 2015

Well I decided since I was working in the back of the car I would tackle modifying the rear bumper. I wanted to bring it in closer to the body both front to rear and side to side. I puzzled over how to modify the standard mounts and decided to throw them over board. I set some long bolts in place where the rear bumper mounts through the rear panel. I then cut the heads off. I drilled out the bumper. (No nice Charger bumpers were harmed in this modification) and slid it over the bolts until it was as close to the rear pan as I wanted and then I welded it up and cut off the excess. I removed the bumper and welded up the back side and all of the now un needed bolt holes.




Next I trimmed the sides of the bumpers off and removed about 3/8" from the center section on each side and then re-attached the ends.  I pretty happy with the results. I was going to close the metal work in a little bit more around the corners but I think I will keep the spacing the way it is.









No comments:

Post a Comment