Saturday, January 31, 2015

I decided to continue the fabrication work in the trunk extending the 06 trunk close outs to the back of the car. The first thing I did along this line was to glue down some dense 1" foam to allow a space for the wiring to run back to the tail lights under the floor cover extension. Next I built a transition piece that both receives the rear edge of the 06 floor and steps up to complete the floor. I used .021 steel, some 3/4" x 3/4" .049 square stock, some 5/16" honey comb carbon board and some aluminum angle to make the piece. I then covered it with some trunk liner material. After the floor was established I made some tail light covers out of .021 steel.





After covering the tail light covers with trunk liner material I held them in place with velcro both to the angle on the floor piece and to the 1/2" flat area just below the trunk lid seal lip. I made some side panels out of masonite and also covered them and attached them with velcro.  Also I had to fabricate a small cover for the lock mechanism in the center.





Here is the trunk with the latch cover and all of the closures in place.






No comments:

Post a Comment