Sunday, November 23, 2014

One of the negative aspects of installing fixed headlights in the nose is the fact that they loose the ability to cast light to the side of the road due to being buried in the nose. I decided to see if I could install the driving lights from the 06 at the split where the chin spoiler and the lower nose meet. I found that a piece of 4" PVC was a near perfect fit to fashion a housing for the light module.
using  some scrap I worked out the cut pattern for the under side of the nose. I then fit up the housing in the whole. The nose was set level up so that I could also level the housings.





I slotted the top of the PVC so that the leveling adjustment screw on the fixture could be used. Once I could slide the unit into place I made the back of the housing out of some lexan cutting out the back to clearance for the bulb and enable the plastic clips to hold the unit in place. 
After gluing the back on the housing I fused the housing to the nose.

I mocked up a chin spoiler out of sheetmetal to look at the proportions. The lens on my camera is kind of a fish eye or wide angle so although the chin spoiler is big it looks a lot bigger in this picture than is really looks in person. Be that as it may I have to tweek on the spoiler a bit yet to get it where I want it.







No comments:

Post a Comment