Sunday, November 9, 2014

After messing with the headlight doors I decided to tackle the signal light housings.  I started by working out the pattern for how the housing would fit the nose and cutting out the openings.
Next I fabricated the housing out of .021 steel and cut an opening to fit the 06 signal housing. This way the existing 06 bulbs fit right into the back of the housing.





The way I had to cut the 06 housing out of the rest of the headlight assembly meant that it wasn't a complete surround for my purposes so  the first thing I did was to make a complete back to the housing out of 3/16 plastic. I then wrapped the outside with .040 aluminum. This will allow me to seal the entire housing.






With the housing painted out satin black I cut some adhesive backed reflective foil the shape of the signal lense and stuck it to the back of the housing.
The last two pictures show the lense in place and then set into the nose with clecos.













No comments:

Post a Comment