Saturday, October 25, 2014

Been going over a tone of piddly little projects like some wiring and other such nonsense so while it doesn't seem like I have gotten much done I have been at it steadily. Here is a video of the wiper situation. I finally got the motor wired back to the car. After that I had to get the main pivot arm located so that the wipers would cycle back to the back to the base of the windshield when coming to rest.  I modified the passenger side arm and set it on the driver side. The driver side arm was way to long to modify so I got another passenger side arm on line. When I first fired it up with the arms on the driver side swept past the "A" post. I took the motor out for the umpteenth  time and shortened the center pivot arm by 1/8". I re assembled it and then the arms would only come half way up the glass. I took it apart again and lengthened the arm by 1/16" of an inch and ended up with this. It is not perfect but I think I will leave it alone and stay away from torrential down pours.  Man this 68 Charger windshield is dinky. Like looking out of a pill box.

Using the old windshield to map out the sweep of the wipers worked out great because it was scratched in the wiper pattern. Whoever owned it must have let the wiper blades wear out.



Here's a video:


Been circling back trying to finish some of the many projects on the car that were started. This video is of the windshield wipers. After hard wiring the motor I cut down the passenger side wiper arm and fit it up. The driver side was way to long to modify so I got another passenger arm on line. The first time I checked the sweep the left side blade swept past the A post. I shortened the center pivot by 1/8 inch and then it only swept up half way on the glass. I cut it apart and moved it back 1/16" and I got this range. Not perfect but I am not going to mess with it any more.
Posted by Steve Mirabelli on Saturday, October 25, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment