Saturday, November 9, 2013

I have been working on more of the pesky detail stuff over the last couple of weeks. I closed up the forward section of the sub cowl . I sealed all of the seams with T-21 Fusor epoxy. When I cut down the fire wall it left the fiberglass sound blanket with a ragged looking top edge so I had to fabricate a top cap for the air intake section and also for the area just above the brake booster and engine. Kind of just finishes that area up and will keep water from soaking the back side of the fiberglass blanket.





I made a couple of water run off gutters out of aluminum that will hopefully carry off the majority of water that gets by the cowl cover near the wiper studs.
In order to see how the cowl cover needs to be built I had to jump ahead and locate the hood and build the new rear section of it. Since the cowl will be a subduction type similar to a newer car I needed to establish the arc of the hood back.






No comments:

Post a Comment