Sunday, August 18, 2013

So I finished closing in the new upper windshield bed to the roof.  I removed the rain gutters from the side of the roof and filled the gap between the glass seal track and the roof. The last picture here I hit the area with some rust primer to see how it all looked.




Once the body is cut away from the chassis I wanted to make sure that I get the maximum rake by getting the hood as low as possible relative to the engine manifold. Since I will have no references once the body is cut loose I made myself a center profile to determine this. The picture shows the profile with and without the hood in place.

To make the profile I cut pieces of .023 sheet metal and bent them into a 1" x 1" L shape. This makes them easy to shape with a shrinker/stretcher to quickly shape them to the profile . They are then just tack welded together.



No comments:

Post a Comment