Sunday, July 28, 2013

Worked on some more knick knacks. Nothing earth shattering this weekend. I decided to start investigating what I would need to keep on the forward door jamb area and got rid of the right side kick panel. I really just need the jamb post itself and nothing more forward of it. Dane made a suggestion about lengthening the hood to eliminate the cowl area at the base of the windshield. I think I am going to see if I can make that work since it will make the wiper motor accessible from the engine bay instead of buried under the dash. We'll see.  Anyway I cleaned up the inside of the quarter panels and separated them from the outer wheel tubs as a part of the process of replacing rusty/damaged metal. I finished replacing the lower front quarter panel with some new metal giving it a slight kick down and flare out ala the old stock car version of this area.




No comments:

Post a Comment